Student Retention: An important factor in Higher Education
Probably the most serious problem colleges and universities face these days is how to keep their students. The fact alone that fewer and fewer students enroll each year already makes it a considerable feat for administrators to run their schools effectively.
Retained are those who enroll each semester until they graduate. They are the full-time students who obtain their degrees without academic delays. On the other hand, there are Dropouts who enter a university and leave without finishing their course. And then there are Transfers who enter school, leave it midway through their course and enroll in another school with the intention of graduating in that new school.
Factors affecting Student Retention:
Student retention is sensitive to a number of influences, particularly: Academic Challenge, Student Engagement and Financial Ability. National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) research shows five clusters of student engagement activities are linked to desired outcomes of college:
- Academic Challenge
- Active and collaborative learning
- Student-faculty interaction
- Enriching educational experiences
- Supportive campus environment
How CRM can help in Student Retention:
The ability to utilize predictive modeling techniques to assist the college or university in identifying students who need intervention, while there’s still time to turn them around would be a tool to have in streamlining the management system. Having a system in place that will automatically issue an alert through the workflow process when an attrition risk factor appears on a student’s profile, thereby alerting the relevant administrators that intervention is required, would no doubt be an excellent retention tool to assist the college or university’s students in succeeding. Some of the benefits of having this capability would be:
- Improve student retention rates.
- Spend less time identifying at-risk students.
- Intervene earlier to improve student success.
- Implement the right intervention strategies at the right time.
- Satisfy parent and student expectations for educational support.
ProRetention is a student life-cycle CRM solution, creating meaningful engagement of the student from the time he is a prospect to graduation and beyond. ProRetention eliminates uncertainties faced by universities and colleges in tracking, managing, touching and servicing prospects, students, and alumni.
‘Treat your student like a customer‘, is the central philosophy on which ProRetention was conceived and built. We help our college and university clients attract the right students, engage them assiduously, and help them succeed.
Products of ProRetention:
- ProRetention Enrolment CRM, Redefines the enrolment management by creating meaningful first impressions with prospective students, nurturing them through engaging conversations, utilizing multi-channel communication modes such as Email, SMS, Phone, Social Media, and offering personalized 1-1 attention and service. This lays the foundation to build lasting relationships among campus constituents.
- ProRetention Success CRM product’s primary goal is to engage students and improve success rates. Students, especially those who are early in the life-cycle, have to navigate the campus ecosystem to get what they want and deliver what the school needs. The Educational systems, especially large ones, can be cumbersome and sometimes even insensitive to the needs of an individual student. Success CRM aims to take the chaos out of the system and customize service for an individual student’s needs. The driving philosophy of this product is that ‘know your student in order to build a relationship with him’.